Saturday, February 28, 2009

Timely Tidbits in Times of Turbulence

As an omnivorous reader and an unabashed lover of inspirational snippets, I'm planning on regularly sharing a few items of both book/reading suggestions and brief stories designed to inspire and broaden our minds. I hope you enjoy them!


A visitor to a desert monk once asked why the monk was sharing food with him instead of fasting as was the custom. The monk replied, “ Fasting is always possible but you will not be here forever. Fasting is useful and necessary, but God's law demands perfect love. When I receive you here I receive Christ, so I must do all I can to show love. When we have said goodbye, I can resume fasting. 'The sons of the bridegroom cannot fast while the bridegroom is with them, when he is taken from them then they can fast.'”(Matt 9:15)

No comments: